Thursday, February 20, 2014

Crazy Tasty Love



Valentine’s Day and I have a bit of a rocky past. I haven’t always spent the day rocking back and forth in fetal position. locked in a dark room- but it’s never exactly been a wonderland of flowers and candy and admiration. Last year was particularly difficult.  But that was last year and this year I had a lovely day- except for the part where I had to go work, but we’ll just wave the magic wand of fuzzy memory and pretend that part was a bad dream.


For Valentine’s Day brunch my baby and I went to CrazyBeans, one of our favorite spots. It’s cozy and quirky and fun; it’s the kind of coffee shop that makes you want to open a coffee shop. Plus, the food is really, really good. It’s a little bit of a drive from where I’m currently living but I’d much rather be hanging out at Crazy Beans than Starbucks. Hands down. 

Look at that beauty. And now I want another one. Never blog hungry, folks




They’re not a vegetarian establishment but they are vegetarian friendly and have always been more than happy to make substitutions. One of my favorites is their Huevos Locos burrito which I swap out bacon for avocado and it is fantastic every time. And their pumpkin pie pancakes are the best pumpkin pancakes I’ve had anywhere so far.  

It was a good Valentine's Day this year. I got to spend time with the man I love at a coffee shop I love eating food I love. What made this day so particularly good was that it wasn't forced or fake. We weren't trying too hard to be something uber romantic and Hallmarky, we were just us enjoying being us and sharing heart shaped pancakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment